Slings BodyReading & Movement Strategies
Reading the geometry of the body and drawing meaningful, practical conclusions is an art and a craft. The Slings BodyReading & Movement Strategy Foundations course has a well-contained structure, empowering participants to develop necessary skills with confidence. The step-by-step approach makes the complexity of postural patterns tangible and clearly explains the value of coherent exercise solutions.
Learning Objectives and Goals
In this course you will:
- Learn key qualities that enable and sustain positive postural change.
- Understand the value of the relationship between structural postural patterns and how posture feels.
- Be clear about the difference between postural ease and active uprightness.
- More deeply understand and appreciate 3 Fascial Movement Qualities in light of postural rebalancing: Kinaesthesia, tensile strength, and adaptability.
- Become familiar with the Anatomy Trains-based BodyReading terminology.
- Know the 7-Step BodyReading & Movement Strategies process in theory and practice.
- Train your eyes to recognise bony relationships and associated myofascial patterns.
- Understand 5 common postural patterns, the myofascial implications, and their impact on physical wellbeing.
- Understand 2 additional postural considerations and their impact on physical functionality.
- Know a set of 12 Slings in Motion exercises and posture-based variations to facilitate postural rebalancing.
- Gain 3 well-rounded Slings in Motion sequences and posture-based variations to address the discussed postural patterns and considerations.
- Receive a set of forms to use as references and templates.
- Experience topic related master classes, movement sequences, and individual exercises.
- Attain insight into your own postural patterns and how to attain greater ease and balance.
The course content is immediately relevant for yourself and your clients; in an individualised training or a group format.
If you join this course live online, have the following training equipment ready: