The Structural Essential series is a set of intensive soft-tissue technique courses divided into functional regions. Combining movement and manual techniques for the most efficient and long-lasting results, and using the latest research on the interaction between skeleton, muscles, joints, and fascial proprioceptors, this series of workshops will take you to a new level in therapy.
Designed with the busy manual therapist in mind, each Structural Essentials event gives you a new understanding of the relevant area. The content will outline how the structural and functional anatomy relates to many common issues as well as to the rest of the body. Based on many new and established approaches this series will give you the skills in palpation, BodyReading and functional analysis needed for the modern multidisciplinary therapist.
Nr.2 Fans of the Hip
The hip and pelvis combine to transfer the forces from two legs and into the one spine and therefore has a hugely complex role to fulfill in the body. Ida Rolf described the pelvis as ‘the joint that determines symmetry’ and it is easy to see why. Differences between the hips can affect down into the legs or up through the spine. Achieving balance here can be essential for long lasting results in any therapy. This course sheds light on the pelvis – the keystone of human architecture – by organizing the 20 or so muscles of the pelvis into three fans. Get specific with sensitivity.
- Seeing how the soft tissue is arranged in an easy to understand pattern
- Using these fans to balance pelvic tilts and torsions
- Learning how to work accurately, effectively and sensitively with the adductors around the ischial ramus and deep lateral rotators, leading to the pelvic floor
- The psoas complex and the many variations on ideas of how it does (or does not)
- affect pelvic, low back and hip patterns
The Pathway towards professional Certification
Anatomy Trains Structural Integration
Bergen, Norway 2019/2020
Everybody needs to start with the Anatomy Trains Structure and Function 3-day overview class, where we get to know you and you get to know us. Follow up with our six regional anatomy workshops.
In the second phase, students apply the assessments and techniques from Part 1 to practice a 3-series protocol of Structural Integration with clinical practice on outside models in a 10-day program.
The third phase, 2 x 15-day classes is where students are taught and tested in the full 12-series program of Structural Integration. Graduates form this program are certified to practice ATSI and join the International Association of Structural Integrators (IASI).
Overview class – Anatomy Trains, Structur & Function – 3 days with Thomas Myers- March 1st-3rd. 2019 – 6500 NOK
Note: It is strongly recommended to take the Anatomy Trains in Structure & Function course before taking the SE courses. Familiarity with the Anatomy Trains lines and concepts is key to getting the most from the program.
Part I: The six Structural Essentials
- Arches and the Legs – 3 days – June 14th-16th 2019 – 6500 NOK
- Fans of the Hip – 2 ½ days – Aug. 30th- Sept. 1st 2019 – 5500 NOK
- Abdomen, Chest & Breath – 2 ½ days – Oct. 25th-27th 2019 – 5500 NOK
- Tensegrity Spine – 2 days – February 1st-2nd. 2020 – 4550 NOK
- Shoulders & Arms – 2 days – March 7th- 8th. 2020 – 4550 NOK
- Head, Neck & Jaw – 2 days – April 4th- 5th. 2020 – 4550 NOK
Part II: Structural Strategies – 3 series
10 days – with Michael Watson & Don Thompson – April 17th-26th. 2020 – 26 000 NOK
Part III: Structural Integration – 12 series – 67 000 NOK
15 days – with Thomas Myers, Lou Benson, Don Thompson, Kai Kjartan Høgberg (TBC)
September 19th. – October 3rd. 2020
15 days – with Lou Benson, Don Thompson, Michael Watson, Owen Louis (TBC)
October 17th- October 31st. 2020
Information about Anatomy Trains courses worldwide: www.antomytrains.com